Dr. Muhammad Imran
is a general cardiologist with special interest in advanced heart failure, cardiac imaging and preventive cardiology.
He is currently working as a PhD research fellow at St. Vincent’s Hospital and the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute (VCCRI).
Dr Imran got his MBBS degree with honors in 2005 from King Edward Medical College, one of the most prestigious medical institutes in Pakistan. He achieved multiple medals and distinctions during his medical degree. He then moved to Australia and completed his basic physician and advanced cardiology training at St. Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney. Having been trained at a well renowned heart transplant centre, he planned to pursue an academic career with a PhD in heart transplantation and cardiac imaging.
Dr Imran deals with all aspects of general adult cardiology including: primary prevention with risk factors modification; dyslipidaemia; management of ischemic heart disease; rhythm issues and cardiomyopathies. He is especially interested in preventive cardiology, advanced heart failure, heart transplantation, pulmonary hypertension and cardiac imaging.
He performs major cardiac procedures including: echocardiogram; stress ECG and stress echocardiogram; holter and ambulatory BP monitoring; DC cardioversion; diagnostic angiograms; device interrogations (PPM and AICD checks); right-heart catheterization; endomyocardial biopsies as well at CT coronary angiongram (CTCA). The combination of all these skills gives him a comprehensive approach to patient care and management.
Dr Imran has a commitment to professional lifelong learning and research to improve the overall quality of patient care. Towards this goal, he is already involved in multiple research projects at St. Vincent’s Hospital and the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute. He has presented his work at national and international meetings.
- President Prize (clinical) at Transplant Society of Australia and New Zealand (TSANZ) 2016.
- Young Investigator Award at Transplant Society of Australia and New Zealand (TSANZ) 2016.
- Early Career Award Finalist (translational) at International Society of Cardiac MR (SCMR) scientific sessions 2016, USA.
- Regional scholarship award at SCMR-2016 for Australia-New Zealand region.
- Ralph Reader Finalist (clinical) at Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSANZ) 2016.
- University Medals in Internal Medicine, General pathology, pharmacology and physiology.
Qualifications and Affiliations
- MBBS (Hons), FRACP.
- Level A accreditation in CT coronary angiography (CTCA).
- PhD Research Fellow, St. Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney & Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute.
Tel: 9723 1900
123 Chetwynd road, Guildford
Penrith NSW 2750